Housing Online account security
The security of your personal information is important to us. Here are some simple steps you can take to keep your account and personal information safe.
- use a strong password that is easy for you to remember but hard for other to guess
- keep your personal information and passwords secure - don't share your sign in details with others
- don’t send your account email address and password to anyone by email or SMS
- don’t let other people see your device screen when you tick the ‘show password’ option
- always sign out of your Housing Online account when you finish using it.
Secret question and memorable date
Your secret question and memorable date help to keep your Housing Online account secure.
It’s important to keep your secret answer and memorable date safe:
- don’t share your secret questions and answers or memorable date with others
- don’t use answers that other people can easily figure out or that can be found on social media or online
- don’t let other people see you enter your memorable date or the answers to your secret questions.
Suspicious activity on your account
If you think someone has accessed your Housing Online account, change your password immediately.
The Australian Government’s eSafety Commissioner website has advice and a range of practical tips to help you protect your personal information online.