The Department of Communities has worked in partnership with the community services sector to develop a suite of reforms in the Out-of-Home Care (OOHC) sector.
The reforms outlined in Building a Better Future – OOHC Reform Program – Roadmap 2019 - 2023 will realign and reorientate the focus of the OOHC system, including the service models, standards and legislation.
The reforms are aligned to deliver:
- a system focused on the needs of the child;
- a coordinated and flexible service system;
- a safe system held to high quality standards; and
- a legislative framework supporting best outcomes for children and families.
The OOHC reform objectives include:
- greater accountability for funding associated with service provision of OOHC services;
- a requirement for any non-Aboriginal organisation to have a mutually beneficial relationship with an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation (ACCO) or Aboriginal Reference Group to promote culturally safe and responsive service delivery; and
- greater stability for Community Sector Organisations (CSOs) through the provision of five-year contracts.
More Information and Resources
Please click on the icons below to access further information and resources.
If you require any of these resources in an alternative format please email email@example.com.