Nominations are now open for young people aged from 18 to 25 to be WA's Ambassador and Deputy Ambassador for Youth Week WA 2019.
Held in April each year, the week provides an opportunity for young people to express their ideas and views. It also provides a forum in which young people can raise important issues.
During the event, young people are invited to participate in a range of fun activities that support their interests and development, including opportunities to create art and connect with youth-focussed organisations.
Youth Week WA encourages the wider community to listen to young people. Individual achievements and the positive contributions youths make to the community are highlighted.
The roles of Youth Week WA Ambassador and Deputy Ambassador are voluntary, year-long roles that contribute to the celebration by:
- chairing the Youth Week WA Young People's Planning Committee (YPPC)
- providing support and guidance to YPPC members
- promoting, supporting and helping develop creative ideas to inspire more young people to be involved with Youth Week WA
- providing feedback and input on events and strategies for Youth Week WA
- being a public spokesperson for Youth Week WA in the media and at events
- attending events during Youth Week WA
- overseeing the Youth Week WA Facebook page.