The Wooroloo Bushfire Community Recovery and Outreach Program is continuing its work to support the recovery needs of affected community members following the Wooroloo bushfires in February 2021.
It is jointly funded through the Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements, and forms part of a broader $18.1 million community recovery package.
The joint initiative between the Department of Communities, City of Swan and the Shire of Mundaring assists with facilitating access to specialist social, emotional and psychological services. This includes:
- supporting the operation of the Bushfire Recovery Centre, open Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 6pm and Saturday, 9am to 12pm at the Percy Cullen Pavilion, 1990 Toodyay Rd, Gidgegannup
- providing funding for community-driven recovery projects and events
- providing advice about impacts and needs across the social, built, economic and environmental recovery domains
- boosting existing resources in the two affected local governments to ensure that residents receive the necessary supports.
Communities staff are also assisting those affected by providing:
- personal support including advocacy
- referral to counselling/psychology where requested
- assistance with Disaster Relief Assistance
- assistance to Local Government and Department of Water Environmental Regulation in the clean-up process
- welfare support provided by outreach immediately and in the long term.