Congratulations to Communities’ Housing Direct team, our operational call centre, who scooped the pool at the 2020 Auscontact Excellence Awards on 14 November 2020.
Housing Direct handles more than 400,000 interactions each year. While primarily assisting Communities’ tenants with maintenance support, they also take calls regarding disruptive behaviour relating to tenancies, and general enquiries from the public. The call centre has supported the Electrical Safety Device project for four years.
The awards were livestreamed, instead of being held at a gala event, due to COVID-19. But that didn’t stop our team from dressing up and celebrating the awards enthusiastically from a venue in Perth.
Communities’ National award winners are:
- National team Award for Best Talent – Housing Direct
- National People Champion – Andrew Neale
- National Customer Contact Professional – Tyler McOmish.
Communities’ State award winners are:
- WA Customer Contact Professional – Tyler McOmish
- WA Team Leader Champion – Tracy Mullally
- WA People Champion - Andrew Neale
- WA Customer Experience Champion – Tayla Orchard
- WA Workforce Management Champion – Alex Chandler.
Dylan Spencer, Manager, Housing Direct shared thoughts on the night, "All our award winners are extremely proud of their achievements, and even more so of our achievements as a team. The work we do every day supports the Department in delivering a valuable service to the people of Western Australia."
Image: Celebrating Success! Our State winners pose for a group photo. Back row (left to right): Glenn Knight, Eleanor Hughes, Stephen Dargan, Dylan Spencer, Alex Chandler, Melissa Vincent, Andrew Neale, Tracy Mullally. Front row: Tayla Orchard and Tyler McOmish.