The Department of Communities is dedicated to sharing important information regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as soon as it comes to hand in order to protect the health and wellbeing of our community.
While the situation continues to evolve the Federal Department of Health has been keeping the public informed with COVID-19 daily health alerts (which are much more up to date, factual and reliable than those posted on social media).
The best way to protect yourself and others is to practice good hygiene by:
- washing your hands frequently and well with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand gel
- refraining from touching your mouth and nose
- covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- dispose of the tissue immediately into a rubbish bin and clean your hands as described above. By doing this you are less likely to contaminate objects or people that you touch
- avoiding close contact (maintain a distance of at least 1m) with anyone if you or they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
For further information phone the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080, or visit: