Western Australia remains in a State of Emergency. Stay up to date with the latest government advice via www.wa.gov.au and www.healthywa.wa.gov.au.
Infection control and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) resources
There are a wide range of training resources available on infection control and PPE use. The below resources will be useful for both people with disability who choose to engage their support staff directly and disability service providers.
Australian Government Department of Health
Department of Health (WA)
Visit COVID-19 information for aged care and community care providers, to access all PPE training resources.
Hand Hygiene Australia
The COVID-19 Work Safe-And-Clean Training Program is a free learning module about safe hand hygiene.
Mental Health Commission
A series of videos have been developed that consider PPE use in the community setting, client transfers and home visiting scenarios, visit PPE in the community services sector.
See seven short video interviews about COVID-19 available on the New South Wales (NSW) website now. Visit Video series: Ella and Dr Jan
Some topics covered include:
- Who can catch COVID-19?
- If I’m not feeling well should I get tested for COVID-19?
- If I have COVID-19 what are the rules?
- Dating and hanging out with friends during COVID-19.
- Can a family member visit me if I need to go to hospital?
- How can we take care of our mental health?
- 24-hour information phone numbers (PDF, 53KB)
- How do I isolate a family member who has coronavirus (COVID-19) at home? (PDF, 74KB)
- I work in a group home/shared living (PDF, 146KB)
- How to seek medical attention if you think you or someone you support has coronavirus (PDF, 69KB)
- COVID-19 testing clinics (PDF, 51KB)
- Coronavirus and a runny nose (PDF, 102KB)
- Hand-mouthing and increased coronavirus risk (PDF, 76KB)
- Shopping with people you support (PDF, 119KB)
- Support staff visiting children who are self-isolating (PDF, 50KB)
- Coronavirus testing from home (PDF, 47KB)
- Increased risks from injury (PDF, 100KB)
- Support for a person with a behaviour support plan (PDF, 100KB)
- Using face masks (PDF, 59KB)
- Wearing a face mask if you have asthma (PDF, 47KB)
- Accessing regular medical appointments (PDF, 108KB)
- Additional PPE for a support person (PDF, 117KB)
- Can I catch coronavirus from my shopping (PDF, 116KB)
- Emergency dental services (PDF, 102KB)
- Group home resident visiting a lifestyle village (PDF, 68KB)
- Managing my medications (PDF, 63KB)
- Social distancing while providing support (PDF, 107KB)
- Keep safe with the COVIDSafe app (PDF, 104KB)
- NDIS information and support (PDF, 97KB)
- Physical distancing while in a car (PDF, 105KB)
- Support for people with disability (PDF, 107KB)
- What does 1.5m or 4 square metres look like? (PDF, 58KB)
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any of our COVID-19 Information Sheets in an alternative format.
Other useful information
- Keeping your wheelchair clean (JPG, 57KB)
- Coronavirus aided language display (PDF, 298KB)
- Things to do when isolated in a hotel room (PDF, 127KB)
- What you need to know about Coronavirus (Easy Read) (PDF, 376MB)
- Helping you prepare and stay safer from Coronavirus (Easy Read) (PDF, 384MB)
- Stay at home advice (JPG, 38KB)
- Staying home during Coronavirus (Easy Read) (414KB)
- Look after yourself (Easy Read) (PDF, 489KB)
- Look for the signs poster (PDF, 95KB)
- Wash your hands (Easy Read) (PDF, 370KB)
- Places are closed (Easy Read) (PDF, 699KB)
- Staff who wear face masks (Easy Read) (PDF, 412KB)