Cost of Living Rebate

Federal Government cuts to funding provided to the State Government under the ‘National Partnership Agreement (NPA) on Certain Concessions for Pensioner Concession Card and Seniors Card holders’, resulted in a reduction of $25 million for 2014.

The State Government has applied  the Federal Government cuts by reducing the Cost of Living Rebate (CoLR). 

The 2014 CoLR payment will be $82 for singles and $123 for couples.

If you have applied for a CoLR, your payment will be deposited into your account in July/August.

The WA Government has not changed its allocation for seniors’ concessions.

How to claim a Cost of Living Rebate

Please contact the WA Seniors Card Centre to receive a Cost of Living Rebate application form.


t: (08) 6551 8800 or (country free call) 1800 671 233 (Weekdays 8.30am – 4.30pm)

Frequently asked questions

1. When can I expect my payment?

WA Seniors Card holders who received a payment up to and including 2013 do not need to do anything unless their bank account details have changed.

Payments will be processed during July and August 2014.

If the bank account details you provided were incorrect you will receive a letter advising you what to do. If you have already received a letter advising the bank account details you provided were incorrect, you will not get a payment until you have provided your correct bank account details.

2. How much will I receive?

In 2014, the rebate will be $82 for a single WA Seniors Card holder and $123 for couples living in the same household where both partners have a WA Seniors Card.

3. How will I know when the payment is in my account?

Check your bank statement. The payment will be paid directly into the bank account you nominated on your application form and will show on your statement as “DfC – SNRCARD14”.

4. What if I haven’t received a payment?

Payments will be made progressively throughout the year, depending on when your correct application was received. You will receive a letter if your application was completed incorrectly or if the bank rejects your payment.

5. I’ve had a letter asking me to complete another form. Does this mean I’m not getting my payment?

You just need to complete the new form with all the details required and return it as soon as possible so payment can be made.

6. Why didn’t my payment go into my nominated account?

Some financial institutions will only credit the payment to certain types of accounts, for example some banks will not credit the payment to a business account or to a credit card. If you have received a letter asking you to nominate another account, it is safest to confirm with your bank whether the account you choose can receive Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payments.

7. I didn’t know I had to fill in an application form. Is it too late to send one in now?

Applicants deadline for new members is 31 May each year. Applications submitted after 31 May will be eligible for the following year’s payment.

8. Do I have to do anything when I receive the payment?


9. Will I have to do anything to get next year’s payment?

No, as long as you are a registered before 31st May and the WA Seniors Card Centre has your current bank details.

10. How do I know if I am eligible for the payment?

All WA Seniors Card holders are entitled to apply for the Cost of Living Rebate. If you are not a WA Seniors Card member, you can apply to become a member if you are:

  • aged 60 years or more
  • a permanent resident of Western Australia (include holders of the sub class 410 or 405 Visa who have lived in WA for a minimum of 5 years and reside in WA for a minimum of 6 months each year)
  • not in full time employment ( i.e. I work 25 hours or less per week, averaged over a 12 month period).

You can get an application form from the WA Seniors Card Centre at Level 2, 140 William Street Perth 6000 (Above Perth Underground Railway Station, entry from Murray Street Mall), downloading from the Seniors Card website,, or by calling the centre on 6551 8800 or 1800 671 233 (free for country callers) and asking for an application form to be sent to you.

11. I may be changing bank account details or my address, how do I update my details?

You can drop into the WA Seniors Card Centre, Level 2, 140 William Street Perth (Above Perth Underground Railway Station, entry from Murray Street Mall), send an email to or call the Centre on (08) 6551 8800 or (country free call) 1800 671 233.

Disclaimer: this information is correct at date of publishing. No responsibility is taken for changes that may occur after the publication date.

About This Page

Last Updated: 28-08-2014