Youth Mentoring Reform Group
Youth mentoring reform is being led by the Youth Mentoring Reform Group, made up of youth mentoring organisations, government agencies, the Catholic Education Office, the Independent Schools Association, an academic, the School Community Business Partnership Brokers and Youth Connections.
The reform group is co-chaired by Louise Giolitto from YMCA of Perth and Stuart Reid from the Department for Communities. Contact: Louise Giolitto at email@example.com or Stuart Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org
The reform group is supported in its work by the Department for Communities which has been funded through the National Partnership on Youth Attainment and Transitions to administer the reform project over four years (2011-2014).
WA Youth Mentoring Reform Group Terms of Reference:
- to facilitate the widespread engagement of individuals, organisations and agencies in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in the reform of youth mentoring in WA.
- to oversee the development of the strategic policy framework for reform of youth mentoring in WA
- to encourage cross-sectorial commitment to continuous improvement in the quality of youth mentoring available in WA
- to model a community sector led process for development of policy in WA
- to support the achievement of targets relating to attainment and transitions as endorsed in the WA Implementation Plan for the COAG National Partnership on Youth Attainment and Transitions.
While the mentoring reform group will have input into the process to be used for identifying demonstration projects, it will not have direct input into decisions about which projects to fund. This is to avoid any perception of conflict of interest.
Updated: Tuesday, 22 January 2013